The woman's book [electronic resource] : dealing practically with the modern conditions of home-life, self-support, education, opportunities, and every-day problems
- New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1894.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes, plates : illustrations, forms ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sallie Bingham Center for Women's History and Culture
New York Public Library
Adam Matthew Publications
- v. I. Occupations for women / by P.G. Hubert, jr. ; Women in their business affairs / by William O. Stoddard ; The principles of housekeeping / by Lillian W. Betts; Society and social usages / by Constance Cary Harrison ; The æsthetics of dress / by Eva Wilder McGlasson ; Dress from a practical standpoint / by several writers ; Hygiene in the home / by J. West Roosevelt ; The training of children / by Kate Douglas Wiggin ; The education of women / by Lyman Abbott ; Books and reading / by Thomas Wentworth Higginson ; The art of travel / by Elizabeth Bisland -- v. II. The home grounds / by Samuel Parsons, jr. ; The flower garden / by John N. Gerard ; House building / by Helen Churchill Candee ; House decoration and furnishing / by Mary Gay Humphreys ; Women's opportunties in town and country / by Mary Cadwalader Jones ; Woman's handiwork / by Constance Cary Harrison ; Supplementary information / by various writers.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Publications, 2005. (Everyday life and women in America, c1800-1920 : from the Sallie Bingham Center for Women's History & Culture, Duke University & the New York Public Library. Rare books)
- Location of Originals:
- Sallie Bingham Center for Women's History and Culture, Duke University
View MARC record | catkey: 24151281