"Forty Years Ago from Tented Press the Herald First Saw the Light", Calgary Herald. -- October 13, 1923. -- 35 pages. -- Consists of a history of T.B. Braden, A.M. Armour, and the establishment of the Calgary Herald in 1883 : Newspapers and magazines 1923
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: A history of Calgary.
- This collection was compiled by Eleanor Luxton, a Glenbow Museum staff member, who was hired from 1956 to 1961 to gather information pertaining to southern Alberta pioneers, North-West Mounted Police (NWMP), Presbyterian missionaries, Fort Whoop Up, whiskey traders, Fort Benton, newspaper and newspaper editors, First Nations of Canada of Canada, and southern Alberta history in general. The information came primarily from interviews with pioneers and their descendants, and from articles in Montana and Alberta newspapers. The collection consists of alphabetically arranged biographical files, typescripts of newspaper articles and research notes, and photographs of NWMP, oldtimers and general views of southern Alberta. Consists of these series: Fort Benton and Montana (1867-1956); North-West Mounted Police - General (1872-1947); North-West Mounted Police - Detachments and outposts (1882-1955); North-West Mounted Police - Old timers (1913-1957); Southern Alberta newspapers and editors (1923-1955); Presbyterian Church and ministers (1883-1926; First Nations of Canada of Canada (1877-1954); High River pioneers (compiled 1956-1960); Southern Alberta general history (compiled 1956-1961); and photographs (1870s-1930s).
AMDigital Reference: M-4561-72.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: "Forty Years Ago from Tented Press the Herald First Saw the Light", Calgary Herald. -- October 13, 1923. -- 35 pages. -- Consists of a history of T.B. Braden, A.M. Armour, and the establishment of the Calgary Herald in 1883 8687.
- Location of Originals:
- Glenbow Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Glenbow Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 24155118