- Description: Extracted from CO 2/24. Showing the area from coast to coast between 15°N and 15°S. Insets: the Bights of Benin and Biafra; Madagascar and the coast of Mozambique. Scale: 1 inch to about 280 miles. Drawn and engraved by J & C Walker for Thomas Fowell Buxton's work entitled 'The Slave Trade and its Remedy', which was published in 1839.
- This sub-collection contains maps, charts, plans, including plans of fortifications and harbours, architectural and technical drawings, all extracted from various records created or accumulated by the Colonial Office (department code CO). There is no common subject matter.
AMDigital Reference: MPG 1/319.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Central Africa 1839.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24158832