South Australian Association: Col. Torrens, Major Bacon and others : Correspondence; Newspapers and magazines; Land transaction document; Non-governmental organization document 1831-1832
- Sutherland, George, fl. 1831-1832
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Grey, Henry, 3rd Earl Grey 1802-1894, Westall, William, 1781-1850, Dillon, Peter, 1788-1847, Aken, J, fl. 1831-1832, Torrens, Robert, 1814-1884, Hay, R.W, fl. 1825-1834, Whitmore, William Woolrich, fl. 1831-1836, Bacon, Anthony, 1796-1864, Rudde, E.W, fl. 1831-1832, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Material relating to the early activities of the South Australian Land Company, which was formed in 1831 to establish a new colony in the area of South Australia. The company sought a Royal Charter for the purchase of land for colonisation. Contains a 'Map of the South East portion of Australia, shewing the progress of discovery, in the Interior of New South Wales to 1832' (f.3), printed copies of a 'Plan of a company to be established for the purpose of founding a colony in Southern Australia, purchasing land therein, and preparing the land so purchased for the reception of immigrants' (ff.5-42), South Australian Land Company prospectuses from 1831-1832 (ff.78-85), 'Evidence respecting the soil, climate, and productions of the South Coast of Australia, between the 132nd and 141st degrees of east longtitude' (ff.138-165), 'Papers presented by the Colonial Department' (ff.171-181), 'Correspondence in the Colonial Department relative to South Australia' (ff.211-217), 'The Morning Chronicle' newspaper (ff.204-205) and the 'Soceity for the permanent support of orphan and destitute children, by means of apprenticeship in the colonies' (ff.313-318).
- This sub-collection contains original correspondence relating to South Australia. and AMDigital Reference: CO 13/1.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: South Australian Association: Col. Torrens, Major Bacon and others 1831-1832.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24158846