Cape of Good Hope Settlers, 1819 : Correspondence; Government document 1819
- Barrow, John, 1764-1848
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Matheson, Finlay, fl. 1819, Sargent, William, 1786-1863, Richardson, Charles, fl. 1819, Peake, H, fl. 1819, Thomson, J.D, fl. 1819-1868, Bowen, James, 1751-1835, Ramsay, George, fl. 1819, Lushington, Stephen Rumbold, 1776-1868, Lukin, Robert, fl. 1819-1822, Backhouse, J, fl. 1819, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Government correspondence relating to settlers in the Cape of Good Hope. One letter states the intention of the Government to colonise the back settlements of the Cape of Good Hope, with Charles Richardson (aged 22 years) stating his wish to embrace the opportunity. Subdivision tabs include Home Department, Navy Office, Treasury, War Office and Miscellaneous War Offices.
- This sub-collection consists of original correspondence relating to Cape of Good Hope, later Cape Colony. Included are reports and papers of the Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry, 1825 to 1834.
AMDigital Reference: CO 48/48.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Cape of Good Hope Settlers, 1819 1819.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24158871