Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry. Appendix to report on Criminal Law and Jurisprudence, 1828 (Part 1) : Correspondence; Government document 1828
- Bird, William Wilberforce, 1758-1836
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bigge, John Thomas, 1780-1843, Colebrooke, William MacBean George, 1787-1870, Blair, William, Fiscal, H.M, fl. 1828, Berrangé, Mr, fl. 1828, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Appendix to Report on Criminal Law and Jurisprudence (CO 48/120). Includes material relating to the trial of J.P.C Groenewald, who caused the death of his slave by severe illtreatment (ff.51-238), the case of Meezer vs. Spengler (ff.239-298), the trial of Willem Gebhard for the murder of his slave (ff.298-307), the trial of C.P. Zinn, who made a fraudulent return to the Registry of Slaves (ff.363-450). Also contains a translation of Johannes Van Der Lindens' "Laws of Holland" (ff.323-363) and a copy of returns relating to crimes committed by convicted individuals in the Cape of Good Hope (ff.307-322).
- This sub-collection consists of original correspondence relating to Cape of Good Hope, later Cape Colony. Included are reports and papers of the Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry, 1825 to 1834. and AMDigital Reference: CO 48/128.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry. Appendix to report on Criminal Law and Jurisprudence, 1828 (Part 1) 1828.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24158899