Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry. Appendix to report on Criminal Law and Jurisprudence, 1828 (Part 2) : Correspondence; Government document 1828
- Bird, William Wilberforce, 1758-1836
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bigge, John Thomas, 1780-1843, Colebrooke, William MacBean George, 1787-1870, Blair, William, fl. 1822-1828, Fiscal, H.M, fl. 1828, Berrangé, Mr, fl. 1828, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Commissioners of Enquiry, 1828. Appendix to report on criminal enquiries - trial of I. P. C. Groenewald, trial of Wm Gebhard for the murder of his slave, etc. Very interesting stats on crimes in the Cape, 1814-25, such as rape, incest, piracy, receiving stolen goods. Categories are broken down into free persons, Hottentots, Free Blacks and Slaves.
- This sub-collection consists of original correspondence relating to Cape of Good Hope, later Cape Colony. Included are reports and papers of the Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry, 1825 to 1834.
AMDigital Reference: CO 48/129.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Commissioners of Eastern Inquiry. Appendix to report on Criminal Law and Jurisprudence, 1828 (Part 2) 1828.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24158900