A Trigonometrical Survey of Algoa Bay : Map 1820
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Title continues "...[Cape of Good Hope, now Cape Province, South Africa] taken by order of Fairfax Moresby, Esq., C.B., Captain of H.M.S. Menai by P Brady." Scale: 1 inch to about 1,560 yards. Table of observed points. Compass rose bisected by a meridian running south to north, with seconds of latitude marked on it. Surveyed in May and June 1820. Inset: similar survey of the entrance of the Zwartkops River (scale: 1 inch to about 240 yards) by W White, Master RN. At the head of the survey is a view of Port Elizabeth from the anchorage.
- This sub-collection contains maps, charts, plans, including plans of fortifications and harbours, architectural and technical drawings, all extracted from various records created or accumulated by the Colonial Office (department code CO). There is no common subject matter. and AMDigital Reference: MPG 1/893/3.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: A Trigonometrical Survey of Algoa Bay 1820.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24158931