New Zealand Company: Volume 3 : Correspondence; Pamphlet; Non-governmental organization document 1841
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Documenting the beginning of the Second Colony in New Zealand under the auspices of the New Zealand Company. Includes information on the nature of New Zealand's 'form and character', which "are such as to prevent the colonisation of the country" as there are no navigable rivers which makes New Zealand different from other colonised countries. Also includes reports on the review and purchase of land in New Zealand, the draft of the charter incorporating the company (fl. 11), a printed copy of the company's terms for purchase of lands in the second settlement, and a booklet titled 'Instructions to Agents for the Selection of Emigrants'. Also features descriptions of the emigrants who are to be sent to the settlement. Includes printed copies of correspondence and an index towards the end of the document.
- This series contains original correspondence relating to New Zealand
AMDigital Reference: CO 209/11.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: New Zealand Company: Volume 3 1841.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24159258