Hospital sites, depots and camps: History of the Works Directorate : Government Document; Pamphlet; Statistics 1914-1919
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Historical account of the actions undertaken by the Works Directorate in support of the British Armies in France. The volume covers a wide range of subjects including special transportation services, the employment of labourers from a number of countries, demobilisation camps, the construction of huts, protection against aircraft attacks, financial affairs, quarries, forestry, veterinary care, water supplies, electricity generation, and disinfection. The volume also includes information on the organisation and staffing of the directorate.
- AMDigital Reference: WO 161/2.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Hospital sites, depots and camps: History of the Works Directorate 1914-1919.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives, UK
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24172028