An ecclesiastical history, ancient and modern [microform] : from the birth of Christ, to the beginning of the present century: : in which the rise, progress, and variations of church power are considered in their connexion with the state of learning and philosophy, and the political history of Europe during that period / by the late learned John Lawrence Mosheim ... ; translated from the original Latin, and accompanied with notes and chronological tables, by Archibald Maclaine ... ; in six volumes ; to the whole is added an accurate index
- Mosheim, Johann Lorenz, 1694?-1755
- Uniform Title:
- Institutiones historiae ecclesiasticae antiquioris et recentioris. English
- Philadelphia : Printed by Stephen C. Ustick, 1797-1798.
- 1st American ed.
- Physical Description:
- 6 volumes ; 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Maclaine, Archibald, 1722-1804
Research Publications, inc
- Translation of: Institutiones historiae ecclesiasticae antiquioris et recentioris.
Vol. 2-6 published in 1798. Vol. 1 has a printed slip tipped in at end, announcing that v. 2 is in the press.
Edition statement transposed; precedes "Volume I" on title page.
"Vindication of the Quakers, " v. 6, 8 p. added.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. New Haven : Research Publications, 1973. 35 mm. (German baroque literature, Harold Jantz collection ; no. 1829, reels 387-388).
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D186 reel.387 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Johann Jacob Mosers ... Gesammlete Lieder [microform] : so zum Theil schon Vormals gedruckt, zum Theil aber bishero noch ungedruckt gewesen , mit gedoppelten Registern
View MARC record | catkey: 2418036