The great wells of democracy : the meaning of race in American life / Manning Marable
- Marable, Manning, 1950-2011
- New York : Basic Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 365 pages ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- What we talk about when we talk about race -- Structural racism : a short history -- The politics of race and the limits of electoral reform -- Losing the initiative on race -- Race and educational inequality -- Facing the demon head on : race and the prison industrial complex -- The death of the Talented Tenth -- Building democracy from below : community empowerment -- Forty acres and a mule : the case for black reparations -- The hip-hop revolution -- When the spirit moves : the politics of black faith -- 9/11 : racism in the time of terror -- The souls of white folk.
- 0465043933 (alk. paper)
- Charles L. Blockson Collection of African Americana and the African Diaspora.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Edwin Earle Sparks Memorial Fund; 20023.
View MARC record | catkey: 2420472