Inside the world's mightiest bank [videorecording] / producer & director, Pip Gilmour ; produced for the Discovery Channel by Powderhouse Productions
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container and disc: Inside the world's mightiest bank : the Federal Reserve
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (51 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Gilmour, Pip, Yourgrau, Tug, Discovery Channel (Firm), Discovery Channel University, Powderhouse Productions, and Films for the Humanities (Firm)
- As the anchor of the global economy, the Federal Reserve Bank handles more money than any other bank in the world. This program explores the far-reaching responsibilities of the Federal Reserve in setting interest rates, regulating other U.S. banks, and making new money. For the first time, cameras go inside the Fed's network command center, the hub of the electronic payment system called FEDWIRE where banks and big institutions pay each other and where over $2.1 trillion changes hands each day. The program also looks at the fascinating manufacture of U.S. currency and high-tech ways to combat counterfeiting.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Gary Henoch, Thomas Kaufman; editor, Loren Miller; music, Michael Whalen.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Tug Yourgrau.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2422578