Facsimile historical newspapers collection, 1876-1969
- Physical Description:
- .91 cubic ft.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- Baltimore news post, Dec. 8, 1941, Feb. 20, 1962 -- Boston post, Apr. 19, 1906 -- Brooklyn daily eagle, May 27, 1927 -- Buffalo express, Aug. 3, 1921 -- Chicago herald and examiner, Dec. 6, 1933, July 24, 1934, July 5, 1937 -- Cincinnati times-star, June 6, 1944 -- Dallas morning news, May 24, 1934.
Evening star, Apr. 12, 1945, Aug. 14, 1945, Nov. 22, 1963 -- Mail and empire, Jan. 21, 1936 -- Milwaukee leader, Oct. 28, 1929 -- New York tribune, Apr. 16, 1912 -- Norfolk ledger-dispatch, May 7, 1945 -- Press (Philadelphia, Pa.), July 6, 1876, July 8, 1876 -- Richmond dispatch, June 30, 1876 -- Wisconsin news, Aug. 23, 1926, Feb. 15, 1929 -- Wisconsin state journal, July 21, 1969.
- The collection contains twenty-three newspapers from throughout the United States and Canada headlining major national events including the deaths of gangster John Dillinger, outlaws Bonnie and Clyde, actor Rudolph Valentino, presidents Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy, King George V, General George Custer at Little Big Horn, and North Side Chicago gangs.
Also, the end of prohibition; Amelia Earhart missing in the Pacific, Charles Lindberg landing in Paris, John Glenn orbiting the Earth, the Moon landing; sinking of the Titanic, San Francisco earthquake; Japan bombing Pearl Harbor, D-Day invasion, Nazis surrender, end of World War II (V-E Day and V-J Day); White Sox baseball scandal, stock market crash, and Confederate soldiers' reunion.
- Barrow, Clyde, 1909-1934—Death and burial
- Custer, George A. (George Armstrong), 1839-1876—Death and burial
- Dillinger, John, 1903-1934—Death and burial
- George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936—Death and burial
- Glenn, John, 1921-2016
- Earhart, Amelia, 1897-1937
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963—Assassination
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- Parker, Bonnie, 1910-1934—Death and burial
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945—Death and burial
- Valentino, Rudolph, 1895-1926—Death and burial
- Chicago White Sox (Baseball team)
- Confederate States of America. Army—Anniversaries, etc
- Titanic (Steamship)
- Earthquakes—California—San Francisco—History—20th century
- Little Bighorn, Battle of the, Mont., 1876
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941
- Shipwrecks—North Atlantic Ocean
- Space flight to the moon
- Stock Market Crash, 1929
- Transatlantic flights
- V-E Day, 1945
- V-J Day, 1945
- World War, 1939-1945—Campaigns—France—Normandy
View MARC record | catkey: 2428361