Gender struggles : practical approaches to contemporary feminism / edited by Constance L. Mui and Julien S. Murphy
- Introduction / Constance L. Mui and Julien S. Murphy -- Doing without knowing: feminism's politics of the ordinary / Linda M.G. Zerilli -- Toward a feminist theory of freedom / Nancy J. Hirschmann -- After the family wage: a postindustrial thought experiment / Nancy Fraser -- "Not my way, Sesha, your way, slowly": "maternal thinking" in the raising of a child with profound intellectual disabilities / Eva Feder Kittay -- The emergence of the fetus / Kathryn Pyne Addelson -- Outliving oneself: trauma, memory, and personal identity / Susan J. Brison -- Fighting bodies, fighting words: a theory and politics of rape prevention / Sharon Marcus -- Sovereign performatives / Judith Butler -- The harm that has no name: street harassment, embodiment, and African American women / Deirdre E. Davis -- The sexual harasser is a bully, not a sex fiend / Susan Bordo -- Suffering to be beautiful / Sandra Lee Bartky -- Black (w)holes and the geometry of black female sexuality / Evelynn M. Hammonds -- Time, space, and motherhoods / Marsha Marotta -- Rethinking consciousness raising: citizenship and the law and politics of adoption / Drucilla Cornell -- House and home: feminist variations on a theme / Iris Marion Young -- Cyberfeminism with a difference / Rosi Braidotti.
- 0742512541 (cloth : alk. paper)
074251255X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- University Park copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20023.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 2431710