The environmental justice reader : politics, poetics, & pedagogy / edited by Joni Adamson, Mei Mei Evans, & Rachel Stein
- Tucson, Arz : University of Arizona Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 395 pages : maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adamson, Joni, 1958-
Evans, Mei Mei
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Testimonies / Mei Mei Evans -- Throwing rocks at the sun : an interview with Teresa Leal / Joni Adamson -- Endangered landscapes and disappearing peoples? Identity, place, and community in ecological politics / Devon G. Peña -- Who hears their cry? African American women and the fight for environmental justice in Memphis, Tennessee / Andrea Simpson -- Radiation, tobacco, and illness in Point Hope, Alaska : approaches to the "facts" in contaminated communities / Nelta Edwards -- The movement for environmental justice in the Pacific Islands / Valeri Kuletz.
Toward an environmental justice ecocriticism / T.V. Reed -- From environmental justice literature to the literature of environmental justice / Julie Sze -- "Nature" and environmental justice / Mei Mei Evans -- Activism as affirmation : gender and environmental justice in Linda Hogan's Solar Storms and Barbara Neely's Blanche Cleans Up / Rachel Stein -- Some live more downstream than others : cancer, gender, and environmental justice / Jim Tarter -- Struggle in Ogoniland : Ken Saro-Wiwa and the cultural politics of environmental justice / Susan Comfort.
Toward a symbiosis of ecology and justice : water and land conflicts in Frank Waters, John Nichols, and Jimmy Santiago Baca / Tom Lynch -- Saving the salmon, saving the people : environmental justice and Columbia River tribal literatures / Janis Johnson -- Sustaining the "urban forest" and creating landscapes of hope : an interview with Cinder Hypki and Bryant "Spoon" Smith / Giovanna Di Chiro -- Teaching for transformation : lessons from environmental justice / Robert Figueroa -- Notes on cross-border environmental justice education / Soenke Zehle.
Changing the nature of environmental studies : teaching environmental justice to "mainstream" students / Steve Chase -- Teaching literature of environmental justice in an advanced gender studies course / Jia-Yi Cheng-Levine.
- 0816522065 (cloth : acid-free paper)
0816522073 (paper : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2433153