Oklahoma! [sound recording] : original cast album
- Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979
- New York, NY : Decca Broadway, [2000?] and New York, NY : Distributed by Universal Music and VideoDistribution.
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960, Drake, Alfred, 1914-1992, Roberts, Joan, 1917-2012, Da Silva, Howard, 1909-1986, Holm, Celeste, 1917-2012, Dixon, Lee, -1953, and Blackton, Jay, 1909-1994
- Compact disc., Music by Richard Rodgers; lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II., "Selections from the Theatre Guild musical play, Oklahoma!, featuring members of the original New York production"--Container., Program notes by Max Preeo and liner notes from the original LP release laid in container., and Overture -- Oh, what a beautiful mornin' -- The surrey with the fringe on top -- Kansas City -- I cain't say no -- Many a new day -- It's a scandal! It's a outrage! -- People will say we're in love -- Poor Jud is daid -- Lonely room -- Out of my dreams -- The farmer and the cowman -- All er nuthin' --Oklahoma -- Finale -- Poor Jud is daid (alternate take/complete version ; previously unreleased reissue bonus track).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Reissue produced by Andy McKaie, Ron O'Brien, Max O. Preeo.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Starring Alfred Drake, Joan Roberts, Howard da Silva, Celeste Holm, Lee Dixon; supporting cast; orchestra and chorus; Jay Blackton, director.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Original cast album: volume 1 recorded October 20 & 25, 1943; originally released as Decca album DA 359, December 2, 1943; volume 2 recorded May 24, 1944; originally released as Decca album DA 383, January 3, 1945.
View MARC record | catkey: 2436347