A place to be Navajo [electronic resource] : Rough Rock and the struggle for self-determination in indigenous schooling / Teresa L. McCarty ; with photographs by Fred Bia
- McCarty, T. L.
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 229 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bia, Fred and NetLibrary, Inc
- Sociocultural, political, and historical studies in education)
- Framing the story -- People, place, and ethnographic texts -- "How it was" -- "We were going to school being taught only by Anglos" -- A portrait of change -- Origin stories -- Community and classroom -- The problems and politics of program evaluation -- The two faces of self-determination -- Transitions and turmoil -- "If we want to be powerful, we have to exercise our power" : indigenous teachers as change agents -- Protest -- What if the children forget the Navajo language?" -- Epilogue : "The hopes and dreams of rough rock."
- 0585418705 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-213) and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2002. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
View MARC record | catkey: 2441085