Biodiversity [electronic resource] / E.O. Wilson, editor ; Frances M. Peter, associate editor
- Conference Author:
- National Forum on BioDiversity (1st : 1986 : Washington, D.C.), author
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 PDF file (xiii, 521 pages)) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Wilson, Edward O., Peter, Frances M., National Academy of Sciences (U.S.), and Smithsonian Institution
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This important book for scientists and nonscientists alike calls attention to a most urgent global problem: the rapidly accelerating loss of plant and animal species to increasing human population pressure and the demands of economic development. Based on a major conference sponsored by the National Academy of Sciences and the Smithsonian Institution, Biodiversity creates a systematic framework for analyzing the problem and searching for possible solutions.
- Title from PDF title page.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24429314