Oz [sound recording].
- Arlen, Harold, 1905-1986
- Uniform Title:
- Wizard of Oz
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Wizard of Oz
- Los Angeles, CA : Rhino Movie Music, 
- Copyright Date:
- Deluxe ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 audio discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Harburg, E. Y. (Edgar Yipsel), 1896-1981
Stothart, Herbert, 1885-1949
Morgan, Frank, 1890-1949
Lahr, Bert, 1895-1967
Haley, Jack, 1899-1979
MGM Studio Orchestra
MGM Studio Chorus
- Turner classic movies music
- Main title -- Trouble in school -- Farmyard -- Over the rainbow -- Miss Gulch -- Leaving home -- Crystal gazing -- Cyclone -- Munchkinland -- I'm not a witch -- Munchkinland musical sequence: Come out, come out ; It really was no miracle ; We thank you sweetly ; Ding dong! The witch is dead ; As mayor of the Munchkin city ; As coroner, I must aver ; Ding dong! The witch is dead (reprise) ; The Lullaby League ; The Lollipop Guild ; We welcome you to Munchkinland -- Threatening witch -- Leaving Munchkinland -- Good fairy vanishes -- Follow the yellow brick road/You're off to see the Wizard -- The cornfield -- If I only had a brain -- We're off to see the Wizard -- The apple orchard -- If I only had a heart -- Witch on roof -- Bees & tin woodman lament -- We're off to see the Wizard -- Into the forest of wild beasts -- The lion's confession -- If I only had the nerve -- We're off to see the Wizard -- Poppies -- The spell -- Optimistic voices -- Sign on the gate/The city gates open -- The merry old land of Oz -- Change of the guard/Wizard's exit -- If I were king of the forest -- At the gates of Emerald City -- Magic smoke chords -- Terrified lion -- The haunted forest -- The jitterbug -- The jitterbug's attack -- The witch's castle -- Toto brings news/Over the rainbow -- March of the Winkies -- Dorothy's rescue -- On the castle wall -- Ding-dong! Emerald City -- The Wizard's exposé/Emerald City graduation exercises -- Fill-in awards/I was floating through space/Balloon ascension/Second cheer -- I hereby decree -- Delirious escape/End title -- Supplemental material [various versions of]: Main title ; Over the rainbow ; Cyclone ; Munchkinland insert ; I'm not a witch ; Munchkinland musical sequence ; Ding-dong the witch is dead ; The Lollipop Guild ; Follow the yellow brick road/You're off to see the Wizard ; If I only had a brain ; If I only had a heart ; The lion's confession ; Poppies ; Optimistic voices ; The merry old land of Oz ; If I were king of the forest ; The jitterbug ; Over the rainbow ; Ding-dong! the Emerald City ; End title.
- Related Titles:
- Wizard of Oz (Motion picture : 1939)
- "Original motion picture soundtrack"--Container.
Music by Harold Arlen ; lyrics by E.Y. Harburg ; musical adaptation by Herbert Stothart.
The wizard of Oz, an appreciation and brief history of the film and an annotated guide to the original motion picture soundtrack ... / by John Fricke (48 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.) included.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Judy Garland ; Frank Morgan ; Ray Bolger ; Bert Lahr ; Jack Haley ; supporting performers ; M-G-M Studio Orchestra and Chorus ; Herbert Stothart, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 1938-1939, in Culver City, Calif.
View MARC record | catkey: 2443474