A color atlas of pests of ornamental trees, shrubs, and flowers / David V. Alford
- Alford, D. V.
- Additional Titles:
- Pests of ornamental trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Portland, Or. : Timber Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 448 pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Preface -- Introduction -- Insects : Collembola (springtails) ; Orthoptera (crickets and grasshoppers) ; Dermaptera (earwigs) ; Dictyoptera (cockroaches and mantises) ; Hemiptera (true bugs) ; Thysanoptera (thrips) ; Coleoptera (beetles and weevils) ; Diptera (true flies) ; Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) ; Trichoptera (caddis flies) ; Hymenoptera (ants, bees, sawflies and wasps) -- Mites -- Miscellaneous pests : Woodlice ; Millepedes ; Symphylids ; Nematodes ; Slugs and snails ; Earthworms ; Birds ; Mammals -- Selected bibliography -- Index of host plants -- General index.
- Provides photographs and descriptions of insects, mites, and other pests that most commonly cause damage on the ornamental trees, shrubs, and flowers found in the British Isles and much of continental Europe, each with information on control measures.
- 0881925616 (hb)
- Originally published: New York : Halsted Press, 1995.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 428-430).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Berks copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20023.
View MARC record | catkey: 2443552