Dewalt carpentry and framing : complete handbook / Gary Brackett
- Brackett, Gary
- Additional Titles:
- Carpentry and framing complete
- Boston, MA : Cengage, 
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 250 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm.
- The DeWalt professional reference series
- Chapter 1 Houses: houses ; house types ; space and energy efficiency ; efficiency and house shape -- Chapter 2 Foundations: foundations ; footing basics ; foundation types ; squaring and checking for square -- Chapter 3 Sills, Girders, and Posts: sills, girders, and posts ; sill plates ; girders ; posts -- Chapter 4 Floor Framing: floor framing ; methods of floor assembly ; basic description of layout ; detailed description of layout ; framing procedures at the sill and options at the girder ; bridging/blocking/strapping ; notching and boring holes in joists ; sub-floor application ; cantilevered areas ; engineered lumber options -- Chapter 5 Wall Framing: wall framing ; wall/partition layout ; wall types ; step-by-step process for wall layout ; framing details ; assembly -- Chapter 6 Rafters/Roof Framing: rafters/roof framing ; the gable roof ; common rafter layout ; assembly of a gable roof ; special cases for common rafters ; gable studs ; the hip roof ; layout of hip rafters ; layout of the valley rafter ; other hip roof components ; assembly of the hip roof ; the rafter square ; complex roof hip/valley and ridge intersections ; unequal sloping roofs ; dormers ; octagon roof framing ; truss construction -- Chapter 7 Special Topics: stairs ; stair calculations ; stair layout ; multiple solutions ; railings/balustrade systems ; porch/deck framing ; a brief overview of wood movement.
- "With abundant, full-color visuals and an engaging writing style, the DEWALT® CARPENTRY AND FRAMING COMPLETE HANDBOOK, Second Edition, is an ideal resource to help students master the basics of carpentry and framing. Recognizing that students often learn more effectively by seeing how tasks should be completed, rather than merely reading about abstract concepts, the text uses photos, diagrams, and step-by-step procedures to ground chapter material in highly practical, real-world applications. The text is logically organized to provide a comprehensive, yet concise, introduction to the trade, from foundations and floors to walls, rafters, and roofs--as well as special topics such as stairs, railings, porches, and decks. In addition, students can take advantage of the free DEWALT Mobile Pro™ app, a construction calculator with integrated reference materials (dewalt.com/mobilepro)." -- Publisher website.
- 9781337398794 (paperback)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24439513