Circular, to the members and friends of the Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery
- [Philadelphia] : [Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery], 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Parrish, Joseph, 1779-1840, Rhoads, Joshua, Historical Society of Pennsylvania, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Circular reporting the resolutions of a meeting of July, 1837 to counter racist attitudes concerning the social, moral and intellectual condition of African Americans in Philadelphia by appointing a committee: to visit the African American community to educate them about their civic rights and duties; and to collect statistical information concerning the improvement of African Americans as a means of meeting prejudice with irresistible argument.
Title from caption.
Signed at end: By order of the Society, Joseph Parrish, president ; Joshua Rhoads, secretary. July 1837.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2013 (Slavery, abolition & social justice)
- Location of Originals:
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
View MARC record | catkey: 24451973