[Reports of cases at law argued and determined in the Supreme Court of North Carolina] [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- North Carolina. Supreme Court
- Uniform Title:
- North Carolina reports. Selections
- Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, 
- Copyright Date:
- Additional Creators:
- Busbee, Perrin, -1853, North Carolina. Office of Archives and History, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Slavery, abolition & social justice
- This collection consists of extracts of printed summaries of cases relating to slavery and/or African Americans heard in the Supreme Court of North Carolina between 1852 and 1853, and reported by Perrin Busbee. It comprises cases heard in the courts of Raleigh and Morganton. Topics covered include: slavery, slavery and agriculture, freedmen and free Black settlements, treatment of slaves, varieties of slave experience, urban and domestic slavery, slave testimony, fugitive slaves, resistance and revolts, master and slave relationship, female slaves, child slaves, trading with slaves, contested ownership of slaves, interracial sexual relations, plantations, sale of slaves, and emancipation.
- Title supplied by publisher. and Electronic reproduction of extracts from: North Carolina reports, vol. 44 (1853), reporter, Perrin Busbee. The reports are listed among the North Carolina State Archives Supreme Court documents within the "Slavery, abolition and social justice, 1490-2007" resource.
- Location of Originals:
- North Carolina State Archives
View MARC record | catkey: 24453901