Report from the Gallows 1961, 1961
- Uniform Title:
- Reportáz Psaná Na Oprátce . English
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital.
- Physical Description:
- online resource (video file 1:32:15) : Sound, Black and White
- Additional Creators:
- Balík, Jaroslav
Symphony Film Orchestra
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- The Second World War & the Rise of Fascism
Wars & Revolutions
- Biopic about the final years of the life of Czech journalist and national hero, Julius Fučík, following his arrest by the Gestapo in 1942. The film depicts Fučík's arrest, his imprisonment in Prague for his Communist Party membership and his resistance activities, and the interrogation and torture he endures before being executed in Berlin in 1943. During his time in prison he is able to write notes about his time in prison on small pieces of paper supplied by sympathetic guards. These notes were later published as Notes From the Gallows.
- Archive Reference: N-507355.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Contributors: Otcebasek, J; Fuckikova, G.; Balik, J.; Hanuš, Václav; Kulic, B.; Rezac, I.; Hurka, M.; Rouha, J.; Lukesova, Jirina; Janda, Miroslav; Pavik, J.; Adolfova, B.; Belfin, F.; Symphony Film Orchestra; Racek, Ilja; Svormová, Libuse; Stepanek, Z.; Hrusinsky, R.; Deyl, R.; Munzar, L.; Svorcova, J.; Tokos, L.; Grosse, H.; Šmída, Bohumil; Fikar, L.
Production Company: Czechoslovak Filmexport.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Reportáz Psaná Na Oprátce Czechoslovakia, 1961. 16mm Comb BW pos.
- Copyright Note:
- The British Film Institute
View MARC record | catkey: 24454339