- Diplomatic & Political Newsreels
Newsreels & Cinemagazines
- A short film following the events of the 15th session of the UN general assembly. This documentary opens with footage of the press corps and Soviet premier, Nikita Khrushchev. While British prime minister, Harold Macmillan, is seen defending the position of the US, Khrushchev calls for disarmament and debates on behalf of China for the right to join the UN. The West's support for Franco's Spain is presented as hypocritical, while Khrushchev's demands for equal treatment within the UN are shown to be supported by American civilians.
- Archive Reference: N-507174.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Production Company: Central Documentary Film Studios, Moscow.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: USSR, 1960. 16mm Comb BW pos.
- Copyright Note:
- The British Film Institute
View MARC record | catkey: 24454392