Around the Soviet Union No. 116 c.1973, 1973
- Additional Titles:
- Soviet Magazine No 116
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- online resource (video file 0:10:01) : Sound, Colour
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Oil Industry in Mangishlak Peninsular in Kazakhstan, the City of Shevchenko and an oil driller -- A Lithuanian hand weaving artist and professor -- Nadezhda Pavlova dancing at the Perm School of Choreography and in "Giselle". Includes footage showing the desert landscape of the Mangishlak Peninsular prior to the development of the oil industry and the use of sea water as a water source in Shevchenko; of everyday life in Shevchenko and an oil driller and his family; of a tapestry weaver who is also a professor at the Vilnius Art Institute, and footage of a carpet factory; of Nadezhda Pavlova dancing for her graduate exams.
- Archive Reference: N-507726.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: USSR, c.1973. 16mm Comb col pos.
- Copyright Note:
- The British Film Institute
View MARC record | catkey: 24454729