[The history of magic scrapbooks from the Houdini collection, with related material from the Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center] [electronic resource], 1874-1926 1890-1926
- Houdini, Harry, 1874-1926
- Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, 
- Copyright Date:
- [2015 release].
- Additional Creators:
- Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- The magician and escapologist Harry Houdini spent much of his life exploring spiritual phenomena and exposing fraudsters. His archive contains a number of scrapbooks documenting the history of magic and spiritualism. The sixth scrapbook, the Spiritualism scrapbook, contains clippings of articles about the Spiritualism movement, including news coverage of Houdini's disputes with his friend Arthur Conan Doyle, who was a defender of Spiritualism. The collection also includes numerous photographs and over 100 magnificent original colour posters advertising a variety of acts.
- Houdini, Harry, 1874-1926—Archives
- Houdini, Harry, 1874-1926—Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Houdini, Harry, 1874-1926—Friends and associates
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930
- Magicians—United States—Archives
- Magic shows—History—Sources
- Playbills—United States
- Title supplied by publisher.
Resource viewed on 30 May 2015.
Originally published Mar. 2008; re-released in 2015 with additional material and amendments to series part title and URLs.
- Location of Originals:
- Harry Ransom Center, University of Texas at Austin
View MARC record | catkey: 24462734