Owen's new book of fairs [electronic resource] : published by the King's authority : being a complete and authentic account of all the fairs in England and Wales, as they have been settled to be held since the alteration of the stile, noting likewise the commodities which each fair is remarkable for furnishing, also the days on which markets are respectively held : with the distances from London, and the number of members which each place sends to Parliament
- Additional Titles:
- New book of fairs
- London : Printed (by assignment from W. Owen) for Scatcherd and Letterman ... [et al.], 1813.
- A new ed., carefully corr., and with considerable additions.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 148 pages ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Owen, W. (William), -1793, National Fairground Archive (Great Britain), and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Fairs—England—Directories—Early works to 1800
- Fairs—Wales—Directories—Early works to 1800
- Markets—England—Directories—Early works to 1800
- Markets—Wales—Directories—Early works to 1800
- Fairs—Law and legislation—Great Britain—Early works to 1800
- Markets—Law and legislation—Great Britain—Early works to 1800
- "An abstract of all the Acts of Parliament relating to fairs, being a sure guide for the owners, governors, &c. of fairs": p. [v]-viii.
"Additions and corrections": p. 148.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, , c2015 (Victorian popular culture. Circuses, sideshows and freaks) Originally published Sept. 2009; re-released 2015 with amended URL.
- Location of Originals:
- National Fairground Archive, University of Sheffield
View MARC record | catkey: 24462899