New York City Ballet [poster].
- Gorey, Edward, 1925-2000
- [New York] : [publisher not identified], [1970?-1975]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : black and white ; 188 x 102 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- Gorey designed this silkscreen poster of feet in the five ballet positions for the New York City Ballet Company in the early 1970s. It depicts white letters and feet on a black background, signed by Gorey in white script.
- Penn State copy: Purchased by Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin from Bromer Booksellers, 2003.
- In Rare Books and Manuscripts, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa. (#2003-0005R/Folio)
Rare Books copy: Mounted on cardboard with wood lathe supports and cut into three pieces for display.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Penn State copy: On long-term loan from Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin, 2003.
- Administrative History:
- Edward Gorey (1925-2000) was an artist and author of over seventy-five works, including books, anthologies, and illustrations for other authors. He fell in love with the New York City Ballet in 1953, attended every performance of every ballet for seventeen years, and subsequently received commissions to produce illustrations for dance books and ballet companies.
View MARC record | catkey: 2446899