21st century cooperation : regional public goods, global governance, and sustainable development / edited by Antoni Estevadeordal and Louis W. Goodman
- Additional Titles:
- Twenty-first century cooperation
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvi, 381 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Estevadeordal, Antoni and Goodman, Louis Wolf
- Twenty-first-century cooperation, regional public goods, and sustainable development / Antoni Estevadeordal and Louis W. Goodman -- Regional public goods cooperation : an inductive approach to measuring regional public goods / Ted Liu and Theodore Kahn -- Regionalism in the evolving world order : power, leadership, and the provision of public goods / Amitav Acharya -- Transnational policy networks and regional public goods in Latin America / Jacint Jordana -- Can regional standards be above the national norm? : impact evaluation issues for regional public goods / Joaquim Tres and Paulo Barbieri -- Regional public goods : the case of migration / Uri Dadush -- Connectivity and infrastructure as 21st-century regional public goods / Jayant Prasad -- Open borders : a regional public good / Johanna Mendelson Forman -- Advancing digitization as a regional public good / Kati Suominen -- Building regional environmental governance : northeast Asia's unique path to sustainable development / Suh-Yong Chung -- The multilateral trading system and regional public goods / Miguel Rodriguez Mendoza and Craig VanGrasstek -- European regional public goods : insiders and outsiders / Michelle Egan -- Regional public goods in North America / Tom Long and Manuel Suarez-Mier -- Public goods and regional organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean : identity, goals, and implementation / Carlos Portales -- Asia's financial stability as a regional and global public good / Masahiro Kawai -- From small markets to collective action : regional public goods in Africa / Richard Newfarmer --.
- "This edited volume explains the importance of regional public goods (RPGs) for sustainable development and shows why they are particularly important in the context of 21st-century international relations. By presenting a new and original data set and by presenting original essays by renowned scholars, this book lays the foundation for what will become an increasingly important focus for both economic development and international relations as well as for their intersection.The volume contains four parts. The first introduces the core issues and concepts that are explored throughout the book as well as a new and original data set on RPGs. The second part further develops specific concepts important for understanding 21st-century RPGs: regional leadership, alliances, networks, and outcomes. The third examines how cooperation takes place worldwide for a range of important RPGs. Finally, the fourth part discusses how public goods are produced in specific regions, stressing that each region has a distinct context and that these contexts overlap in a decentered "multiplex" manner.Global economic cooperation will be different in the 21st century, and this volume will be of interest to students and scholars of global governance, economic development, international political economy, sustainable development, and comparative regionalism."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781351735568 (e-book: PDF) (e-book : PDF)
9781351735544 (e-book: Mobi)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24469464