Kinesiology : the skeletal system and muscle function / Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, New York, Owner, the Art and Science of Kinesiology, Stamford, Connecticut
- Muscolino, Joseph E.
- St. Louis : Elsevier Inc., 
- 3rd edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 742 pages ; 28 cm
- Parts of the human body -- Mapping the human body -- Skeletal tissues -- Fascia -- Bones of the human body -- Joint action terminology -- Classification of joints -- Joints of the axial body -- Joints of the lower extremity -- Joints of the upper extremity -- Attachments and actions of muscles -- Anatomy and physiology of muscle tissue -- How muscles function : the big picture -- Types of muscle contractions -- Roles of muscles -- Types of joint motion and musculoskeletal assessment -- Determining the force of a muscle contraction -- Biomechanics -- Neuromuscular system -- Posture and the gait cycle -- Common postural distortion patterns -- Stretching -- Principles of strengthening exercise.
- This title provides a full-colour examination of bones and joints, with over 1200 illustrations which explains how muscles function as movers, antagonists, and stabilizers.
- 9780323396202 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
0323396208 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24469664