Understanding China's Overcapacity [electronic resource] / by Dianqing Xu, Ying Liu
- Xu, Dianqing
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 266 pages 61 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Liu, Ying and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1 New definition of overcapacity -- Chapter 2 Overcapacity of steel products -- Chapter 3 Overcapacity of cement -- Chapter 4 Overcapacity of glass products -- Chapter 5 Overcapacity of alumni -- Chapter 6 Overcapacity of shipbuilding industry -- Chapter 7 Overcapacity and Role of the government.
- This book analyzes of the surplus of production capacity in China. According to a government statement, there is a serious surplus of productive capacity in the steel, cement, glass, aluminum, and shipbuilding industries. There was no surplus of productive capacity in above industries between 2002 and 2012, and the current surplus is due to poor government policies on real estate prices after 2012. The book argues that if the Chinese government invested more in social welfare housing over the next few years the surplus of productive capacity would very soon disappear.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 24469753