Mechanisms of the oxidation of metals and alloys [electronic resource] : Annual progress report, 1 July 1987--30 June 1988
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This research is directed to studying the mechanisms of the high temperature oxidation of metals and alloys. During the last year, the research has focused on (1) the oxidation-sulfidation of Cr and Fe--Cr in H/sub 2/-H/sub 2/S and H/sub 2/-H/sub 2/O-H/sub 2/S gas mixtures, (2) the oxidation-sulfidation of rapidly solidified, austenitic alloys in SO/sub 2/ gas, and (3) the influence of the segregation of foreign ions to grain boundaries in oxide scales on oxidation resistance.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/45179-4
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Yurek, G J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24505891