Specific heat measurements at the spin-reorientation transition in YbFeO<sub>3</sub> [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1974.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Thesis. The specific heat was measured from 2.55 to 15.7 deg K, first with no external magnetic field, and then with magnetic fields along the c-axis and a-axis of intensity of 1000, 3000, and 5800 Oe. Two specific heat anomalies were observed: a Schottky anomaly caused by the ground state exchange splitting of the Yb<sup>3+</sup>, and spin reorientation of the Fe sublattice. (DLC)
- Dissertation Note:
- Thesis. Orig. Receipt Date: 30-JUN-74
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gary Walfred Sjolander.
Univ. of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24506058