Metallographic and fractographic observations of posttest creep-fatigue specimens of weld-deposited Type 308 CRE stainless steel [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 19 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Type 308 CRE stainless steel weld specimens were subjected to metallographic and fractographic analysis after failure in elevated-temperature (593/sup 0/C) creep-fatigue tests. The failure mode for specimens tested under continuous-cycle fatigue conditions was predominantly transgranular. When the test cycle was modified to include a hold time at the maximum tensile strain, the failure mode became predominantly interphase. Sigma phase was observed within the delta-ferrite regions in the weld. However, the presence of sigma phase did not appear to affect the failure mode.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Williams, M. W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24506188