Campbell essential biology / Eric J. Simon, New England College, Jean L. Dickey, Clemson, South Carolina, Jane B. Reece, Berkeley, California ; with contributions from Rebecca S. Burton, Alverno College
- Simon, Eric J. (Eric Jeffrey), 1967-
- Additional Titles:
- Essential biology
- NY, NY : Pearson, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Learning about life -- Essential chemistry for biology -- The molecules of life -- A tour of the cell -- The working cell -- Cellular respiration: obtaining energy from food -- Photosynthesis: using light to make food -- Cellular reproduction: cells from cells -- Patterns of inheritance -- The structure and function of DNA -- How genes are controlled -- DNA technology -- How populations evolve -- How biological diversity evolves -- The evolution of microbial life -- The evolution of plants and fungi -- The evolution of animals -- An introduction to ecology and the biosphere -- Population ecology -- Communities and ecosystems.
- 9780134765037 (pbk. ; student edition)
0134765036 (pbk. ; student edition)
9780134814131 (pbk. ; books a la carte)
0134814134 (pbk. ; books a la carte)
- Revision of: Campbell essential biology / Eric J. Simon, New England College, Jean L. Dickey, Clemson, South Carolina, Kelly A. Hogan, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Jane B. Reece, Berkeley, California. 2016. 6th edition.
View MARC record | catkey: 24506506