A handbook for posterity, or, Recollections of "Twiddle Twaddle" / by George Cruikshank, about himself and other people ; a series of sixty-two "etchings on glass," with descriptive notes
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878
- Additional Titles:
- Recollections of "Twiddle Twaddle."
- London : W.T. Spencer, 27, Bew Oxford Street, 1896.
- Physical Description:
- xii pages, 60 unnumbered leaves, 1 unnumbered page, 60 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hancock, Charles (Engraver)
- "Only 200 copies of this book have been printed, as follows: 100 with proof plates on India paper. 50 with the plates on ordinary paper, coloured. 50 with plates on ordinary paper, plain. In all the letterpress is printed on hand-made paper. Each one numbered and initialed by the engraver and publisher"--Colophon.
Preface type-signed: Charles Hancock. Hancock invented the process referred to as etching on glass used to reproduce the drawings in this collection.
Rare Books copy is "no 14 of the India proofs."
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, no 815
View MARC record | catkey: 24506513