Women who were sexually abused as children : mothering, resilience, and protecting the next generation / Teresa Gil
- Gil, Teresa, 1958-
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 205 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction -- Defining child sexual abuse and the factors that impact resiliency and recovery -- The long-term impact of child sexual abuse -- Transcending adversity and overcoming abuse: risk factors, protective factors, and resiliency -- Mothering: challenges and risks -- Mothering: sustaining resiliency -- The therapeutic relationship and its importance to resiliency and healing -- A legacy of trauma: mechanisms for intergenerational abuse -- Implications for treatment and policy: strengthening resiliency.
- This book highlights the resilient capacities of mothers who have experienced childhood sexual abuse and gives them the opportunity to break their silence, share their struggles, and give voice to their experiences, pains, and triumphs. By offering their stories, Teresa Gil sheds light on the challenges of mothering after childhood sexual abuse.
- 9781538101773 hardcover ; alkaline paper and 1538101777 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24507602