The words that built America / HBO Documentary Films presents ; directed by Alexandra Pelosi ; senior producer, Lisa Heller ; produced by Larissa Bills, Alexandra Pelosi
- [Burbank, Calif.] : Warner Home Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (48 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Pelosi, Alexandra, Heller, Lisa, Bills, Larissa, McCullough, David G., HBO Documentary Films, Home Box Office (Firm), and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English audio; closed-captioned.
- The Declaration of Independence, The U.S. Constitution and The Bill of Rights represent much more than the words used by America's Founding Fathers to define a fragile, nascent country. They're the living, breathing realization of America's democratic ideal, the bedrock of a society that its people have built over nearly two-and-a-half centuries, and they provide a blueprint that is, was and will be a template for democracy around the world.To celebrate these iconic documents on our nation's birthday, HBO presents a 45-minute special, directed by Alexandra Pelosi and narrated by David McCullough (John Adams), in which dozens of Americans - from actors and media personalities, to politicians, lawmakers and presidents, to schoolchildren whose future is being shaped by our shared past - read the three founding documents that define our outlook on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical surround Dolby digital 5.1
- Form of work:
- Documentary films
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: TVG.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally released by Home Box Office, Inc., 2017.
16:9 wide screen.
Bonus feature: extended Bill of Rights.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Executive producer, Sheila Nevins ; editor, Jennifer McGarrity ; original music, Michael Bacon ; animation & graphics, Todd Ruff ; cinematography, Brian Callahan, Paul Dougherty, Josh Kesner, Dave Strevens, Brett Wiley
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, David McCullough.
- Technical Details:
- DVD-R; Dolby Digital 5.1.
View MARC record | catkey: 24511131