The minor prophets as Christian scripture in the commentaries of Theodore of Mopsuestia and Cyril of Alexandria / Hauna T. Ondrey
- Ondrey, Hauna
- Oxford, United Kingdom : Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 268 pages ; 23 cm.
- Oxford early Christian studies
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I One Divine Economy in Two Testaments -- 1.A Nexus of Commentators on the Twelve: Theodore and Cyril's Defense of Historia -- pt. II The Ministry of the Twelve Prophets to Old Testament Israel -- 2.Theodore of Mopsuestia: The Twelve within the First Age -- 3.Cyril of Alexandria: The Twelve within the First Covenant -- pt. III The Ministry of the Texts of the Twelve to the Church -- 4.Theodore of Mopsuestia: The Twelve as Christian Scripture -- 5.Cyril of Alexandria: The Twelve as Christian Scripture -- pt. IV Conclusion: The Twelve between Two Testaments -- 6.Theodore and Cyril in Dialogue: Analysis and Implications.
- This work compares the Minor Prophets commentaries of Theodore of Mopsuestia and Cyril of Alexandria, isolating the role each interpreter assigns the Twelve Prophets in their ministry to Old Testament Israel and the texts of the Twelve as Christian scripture.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 241-255) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24511226