Smith's patient centered interviewing [electronic resource] : an evidence-based method / Auguste H. Fortin, VI, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine Division of General Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, Director of Psychosocial Communication, Yale Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency Program, New Haven, Connecticut [and four others].
- Fortin, Auguste H.
- Additional Titles:
- Patient-centered interviewing
- New York : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 320 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "A comprehensive, evidence-based introduction to the principles and practices of patient communication in a clinical setting Smith's Patient-Centered Interviewing, Fourth Edition presents a step-by-step methodology for mastering every aspect of the medical interview. Readers will learn how to confidently obtain from patients accurate biomedical facts, as well as critical personal, social, and emotional information, allowing them to make a precise diagnosis, develop effective treatment plans, and forge strong clinician-patient relationships. The most evidence-based guide available on the topic, Smith's Patient-Centered Interviewing, Fourth Edition applies the proven 5-step approach, which integrates patient- and clinician-centered skills to improve effectiveness without adding extra time to the interview duration. The book's user-friendly design features icons, boxed case vignettes, and use of color to highlight key points, and pedagogy includes learning an practice exercises in each chapter"--
"Our goal in this text is to present in a logical, step-by-step fashion the behaviors that are necessary to conduct an effective and efficient biopsychosocial interview. Interviewing is the most important and most difficult skill learners must master in their clinical careers. The book is designed for learners in medicine, advanced-practice nursing, physician assistant, and other health-related disciplines where communication and relational skills are central"--
- 9781259644627 (paperback)
- Revised edition of: Patient-centered interviewing : an evidence-based method / Robert C. Smith. 2nd ed. c2002.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24522265