True inclusion : creating communities of radical embrace / Brandan Robertson
- Robertson, Brandan
- Saint Louis, Missourri : Chalice Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 118 pages ; 22 cm
- Explaining exclusion -- Missing the mark -- The inclusion imperative -- The importance of inclusion -- The problem of patriarchy -- The ingredients of inclusion -- Inclusion in context.
- "Discover how to move your church beyond mere welcome to radical embrace. So your church website says you're welcoming, a rainbow flag flies out front, worship uses gender-inclusive language, and you make sure you greet the stranger next to you on Sunday mornings. But is all of that really enough? And what if those welcoming gestures actually keep visitors from returning and exclude dozens of other groups or people in your community? In True Inclusion, public theologian and pastor Brandan Robertson shares how to move your church from mere welcome to radical embrace. Pointing to a clear biblical imperative for radical inclusivity in the sanctuary and in the public square, Robertson presents a paradigm-shifting vision of community, "where nothing is simple, nothing is easy, but everything is beautiful." Learn practical, step-by-step approaches to becoming deeply, robustly, and richly inclusive of all people regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and socioeconomic status. Written for people and communities at every stage of the journey, True Inclusion will challenge and inspire you to embody a gospel of radical embrace for all." --
- 9780827237186 paperback and 0827237189 paperback
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 117-118).
View MARC record | catkey: 24522659