Telling stories the Kiowa way / Gus Palmer, Jr.
- Palmer, Gus, 1943-
- Tucson : University of Arizona Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 145 pages ; 21 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Kiowas and Kiowa texts -- Conversations with John Tofpi -- Active participation in oral narratives -- Knowing how and when to tell a story -- Telling stories within stories -- Teasing, joking, telling the biggest fib -- Contextualizing and recontextualizing old texts into new texts -- A collaborative ethnography -- Last words.
- 0816522774 (cloth : alk. paper)
0816522782 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 137-140) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the William L. and Josephine Berry Weiss Special Initiative Fund; 20023.
View MARC record | catkey: 2459154