Songs of death & tragedy [sound recording] / Edited by Richard K. Spottswood and Mack McCormick
- Spottswood, Richard K. (Richard Keith)
- Additional Titles:
- Songs of death and tragedy
- [Washington, D.C.] : [Library of Congress, Music Division, Recording Laboratory], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- McCormick, Mack
Tubb, Ernest, 1914-1984
Hawkins, Ted (Musician)
Ward, Fields, 1911-1987
Jones, Grandpa, 1913-1998
McCoy, George (Guitarist)
Stoneman, Ernest V.
Ted Hawkins Mountaineers (Musical group)
Lazy River Boys (Musical group)
Conquistadores (Musical group)
Anglin Brothers (Musical group)
Ernest V. Stoneman Trio
Johnny & Jack
Library of Congress. Recording Laboratory
Archive of Folk Song (U.S.)
- Folk music in America ; v. 9
- Will you miss me when I'm gone? (Blue Sky Boys) -- The TB is whipping me (Ernest Tub) -- Menigitis blues (Ethel McCoy) -- Ostatnia wola pijaka (Wladyslaw Polak) -- Roamin' Jack (Ted Hawkins Mountaineers) -- The Lexington murder (Fields Ward) -- The brown girl and fair Eleanor (Grandpa Jones) -- Lover's crime (Pewee Maddux and his Lazy River Boys) -- Bad Lee Brown (Unknown Singer) -- Poor Kelly blues (George McCoy) -- John Henry (John Cephas) -- Homenaje a John F, Kennedy (Los Conquistadores) -- The wreck of the Old 97 (Ernest V. Stoneman Trio) -- Mountain Meadows massacre (George Harter) -- The school house fire (Dixon Brothers) -- Money cannot buy your soul (Anglin Brothers).
- Related Titles:
- Will you miss me when I'm gone?
TB is whipping me.
Ostatnia wola pijaka
Brown girl and fair Eleanor
- "A bicentennial project: Library of Congress, Archive of Folk Song"; includes recordings from field and commercial sources.
Program notes by McCormick, including words of the songs, and biographical and discographical references (16 p. ill.) inserted in container.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 1928-75.
View MARC record | catkey: 2461677