Quality teaching : reflection as the heart of practice / Joelle K. Jay
- Jay, Joelle K. (Joelle Kristin), 1970-
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 216 pages ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Why reflection matters -- Reflection in teaching : reviewing the research -- A qualitative case study of refection : research methods -- Reflecting in school : the professional context -- Staff meetings -- Department meetings -- Informal collegial meetings -- Teacher evaluation -- In the context of teaching -- Reflection and the conditions of schools -- Reflecting in programs : the programmatic context -- The NBPTS certification process -- A voluntary program for teacher assessment -- Mentoring programs -- Reflection and the conditions of programs -- Reflecting on one's own : the personal context -- A critical friends group -- A regional conference -- Quiet spaces and personal places -- The conditions for reflecting on one's own -- Lessons learned across contexts -- The heart of quality teaching.
- 0810847159 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "A ScarecrowEducation book."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-209) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2467225