The visual turn : classical film theory and art history / edited and with an introduction by Angela Dalle Vacche
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 279 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Dalle Vacche, Angela, 1954-
- Rutgers depth of field series
- Introduction : unexplored connections in a new territory / Angela Dalle Vacche -- The work of art in the age of mechanical reproduction (excerpt) / Walter Benjamin -- The magician and the surgeon : film and painting / Patrice Rollet -- Linear and painterly / Heinrich Wölfflin -- Montage : the American school and the Soviet school / Gilles Deleuze -- Style and medium in the motion pictures / Erwin Panofsky -- Iconology at the movies : Panofsky's film theory / Thomas Y. Levin -- The close-up and the face of man / Béla Balázs -- The face in close-up / Jacques Aumont -- Painting and film / Rudolf Arnheim -- Middlebrow modernism : Rudolf Arnheim at the crossroads of film theory and the psychology of art / Ara H. Merjian -- El Greco / Sergei Eisenstein -- The uncrossable threshold : the relation of painting and cinema in Eisenstein / Pietro Montani -- Painting and Cinema / André Bazin -- Representation, illusion, and the cinema / Richard Allen.
- 0813531721 (alk. paper) and 081353173X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -265) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2469943