Dido and Aeneas [sound recording] ; Music for "The Gordian knot unty'd" / Purcell
- Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695
- [Arles] : Harmonia Mundi France ; Los Angeles, CA : Harmonia Mundi USA, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Tate, Nahum, 1652-1715, Hunt Lieberson, Lorraine, 1954-2006, Saffer, Lisa, Elliott, Paul, 1950-, Dean, Michael (Bass-baritone), McGegan, Nicholas, Virgil, Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695, Clare College (University of Cambridge). Choir, and Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra
- Overture -- Act I. The palace -- Act II. Scene I: The cave -- Scene II: The grove -- Act III. Scene I: The ships -- Scene II: The palace -- Music for "The Gordian knot unty'd."
- Related Titles:
- Music for "The Gordian knot unty'd."
Gordian knot unty'd.
- ["00:50:00", "00:10:05"]
- Harmonia Mundi France: HMU 907110 (no. on container: 907110).
Opera in three acts (1st work)--and incidental music (2nd work).
Libretto of 1st work by Nahum Tate after Virgil's Aeneid.
Durations: 50:00; 10:05.
Program notes by Victor Gavenda and synopsis and libretto of 1st work, all in English with French and German translations (62 p. : ill.)--in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Lorraine Hunt, Lisa Saffer, Donna Deam, Christine Brandes, Ruth Rainero, sopranos, Ellen Rabiner, mezzo-soprano, Paul Elliott, tenor, Michael Dean, baritone, Choir of Clare College, Cambridge (1st work) ; Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra ; Nicholas McGegan, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Sept. 24-26, 1993, Skywalker Sound, Nicasio, Calif.
View MARC record | catkey: 2472078