Joseph Benson Gilder letter to Mr. Dooley, 1882 Dec. 20.
- Gilder, Joseph Benson, 1858-1936
- Physical Description:
- 2 pages
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- Gilder writes to Dooley, 20 Dec. 1882, on letterhead from The Critic, sending copies of The Critic that featured Whitman, and complimenting him on an article about Edith M. Thomas, although lamenting that the article did not mention her contributions to The Critic.
- In Rare Books and Manuscripts, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (#1974-0150R/A-S)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Gift of Philip Allison Shelley, 1974.
- Administrative History:
- Joseph Benson Gilder was an editor, author, and banker. He is probably best remembered as editor of The Critic, which he co-founded with his sister, Jeannette. He also edited Putnam's, which absorbed The Critic, and the New York Times Book Review. He was also in the diplomatic service.
View MARC record | catkey: 2473167