Legal interviewing and counseling in a nutshell / by Thomas L. Shaffer, Robert E. & Marion D. Short Professor of Law Emeritus, Notre Dame Law School and James R. Elkins, Professor of Law, West Virginia University
- Shaffer, Thomas L., 1934-
- Additional Titles:
- Title on introductory web page from some providers: Shaffer and Elkins' legal interviewing and counseling in a nutshell
- St. Paul, MN : Thomson/West, 
- Copyright Date:
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 406 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Elkins, James R., 1945-
- West nutshell series
- Introduction -- Solving problems and telling stories -- The lawyer persona and feelings it disguises -- Establishing a working relationship -- Getting the facts (interviewing) -- Theories and models for helping relationships -- Interventions and skills -- Place, space, and territory -- Sharing authority and collaborative decision-making -- The moral dimension -- Understanding ourselves -- On learning about people.
- 9781628105193 (electronic bk.)
1628105194 (electronic bk.)
0314151737 (pbk. ; acid-free paper)
9780314151735 (pbk. ; acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 371-400) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24769427